There are plenty of things to see and do in Brussels – after all, it’s the heart of Europe. But if you happen to be there just for one day or a couple of hours, there are some things you have to do.
1. Visit Grand Place
and admire the Gothic architecture of the town hall. Bonus points if you also happen to be there on teh summer of the flower carpet
(next one in 2016). For the coffee lovers in you, there’s a Starbucks right there that opened a few months ago. Have one and then go strolling on – what I call – the ‘chocolate street’. The street where chocolate shops are next to each other. You can give into the temptation and…
2. Have a waffle
(Brussels or Liège) with Belgian chocolate; add some whipped cream and strawberries to that. Take Instagram photos and don’t forget to enjoy this delicious creation. After this, you must try Belgian beer.
3. Have a drink of two in the Delirium Village
. Try absinth in the Floris Bar
and beers in the Delirium Cafe
. I recommend Delirium Tremens
and Delirium Red
. But you should definitely go also for the beer tasting (a platter with smaller glasses, each with a different beers) or try the foreign beers they have on tap (they change regularly).
4. Almost forgot – you cannot miss Manneken Pis
(if you’re lucky, you’ll catch him in a costume); also Jeanneke Pis
– the girl version – right next to the Floris Bar.
5. If beer made you hungry, be sure to have some Belgian fries
with mayonnaise and enjoy the rest of your day in this beautiful city.
1. If you are a girl who enjoys wearing high heels/platforms, be aware that the pavement is not your best friend. I have been there many times in high heels and every time my ankles were going in all directions.
2. Be prepared to have an umbrella with you, you may never know.
3. Last but not least, as with any touristic city, be careful with pickpockets.
Have you visited Brussels? What did you enjoy most?
Don’t forget to follow me!
Facebook / Twitter / Pinterest /Instagram /Bloglovin